Thursday, October 13, 2005

CruiseControl

I recently installed CruiseControl.NET, and now it is building 3 of my projects. Included in a build is checking out the newest code from Subversion, compiling it, running the unit-tests and generating the documentation (NDoc). It is on the agenda adding NCover and FxCop to this build process.

Actually, I first started installing Draco because I had read it somewhere that it was preferable for smaller projects/teams. I was rather disappointed with that. First, the schema for the config file was too strict, it did not allow me to specify the mailserver without a domain ending or the email senders/recipients without a host ending, both of which are valid for my setup. This forced me to add an alias domain to the SMTP server of IIS (an inconvenience). Second, I am currently not using a Subversion server (Apache nor Svnserve), but simply a network share (FSFS), and I have not figured out to make this work with Draco. Anyhow, CruiseControl is working fine and was not hard to set-up, so I will stick with that.

No comments: